March 14, 2012

Delicious Fruit Smoothie

The sweet-potato stew I made last night made great leftovers for dinner tonight! Plus, I made an amazing fruit smoothie. To make two big smoothies I put:
  • about 15 fresh strawberries
  • about 6 slices of frozen peach (I can't get fresh at my grocery store yet)
  •  about a cup of fresh blueberries
  • two big handfuls of baby spinach 
  • 2 tablespoons of mangosteen
  • 1 tablespoon of flax seed (it's best and most nutritious if you grind it yourself right before use)
  • 1 orange
  • cut-up chunks of about half a pineapple
  • if you want a colder, thicker smoothie, use more frozen fruit instead of fresh or throw a few ice cubes into the blender
into my 2-horsepower blender and blend on the highest setting for about a minute. If you are not smoothie obsessed (yet!) and don't have a crazy powerful blender for blending crazy amounts of fruit, you will probably have to cut everything into small chunks and add things in slowly as the blender is blending. This is seriously the greatest drink you will ever have in your life and it is SUPER healthy. There is nothing but fruit (and spinach) in this baby! It is pretty filling too. Also, feel free to throw in any other kinds of fruits you want, experiment! Hope you have fun making yourself a delicious smoothie! Here is a picture I just took on my phone, when I make a smoothie tomorrow or Friday (I'm so obsessed I must have them almost everyday or I don't function properly) I will put a prettier picture up!

No comments:

Post a Comment